[Konsole-devel] Text selection w/ mouse-aware apps

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 00:14:49 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009, Robert Knight wrote:

>> Can you try running Midnight Commander in a tab and see if select works
>> for you (will need to hold down shift)?
>
> Yes - works fine for me.  Do you see the correct cursor when switching
> between mouse aware and non-mouse aware applications - ie. an I-Beam
> in the shell and a standard arrow in mc.

Yes.  It's an I-Beam for a shell (where select works) and changes to an
arrow in mc (where select does not).

I wonder what the difference is between our environments.  What
distribution are you using?  What is the version of konsole and mc?

I have:

konsole 2.2.2 (KDE 4.2.2)
mc 4.6.2-pre1

Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty)

How are you starting mc?  From the command line of a konsole shell?
Unlike KDE3, there was no preexisting menu choice for mc and I created one
myself.  The startup command is:

/usr/bin/mc

Steve