how to externally trigger konq-e to refresh view

Uli Luckas u.luckas at road.de
Thu Sep 24 15:13:59 CEST 2009

On Wednesday, 23. September 2009, Stefan Strobl wrote:
> Uli Luckas wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 23. September 2009, Stefan Strobl wrote:
> > If you don't want to make your programm a qapplication, you could also
> > send qcop messages by calling the qcop command line application via
> > ::system(). As you sugested you can also use a FIFO or a socket for
> > communication. In the browser, just make sure to use the event loop
> > (QSocket/QSocketNotifier) for asynchronus notification on fifo events.
>
> Thanks for your help. I did manage to use a QCopChannel to call reload()
> in konqueror from another application.
>
> For my signalling application I'd like to use the qcop tool as you
> suggested, but I cannot find it anywhere. According to this
> (http://doc.trolltech.com/qtopia4.3/qcop-tool.html) it should be part of
> qtopia but I didn't find it nowhere in qte-3.3.4 nor in qte-4.4.3. Can
> you tell me where to find the sources to the qcop tool?
>
> Many thanks
> Stefan

Sorry, Stefan.
You are right, the qcop tool is part of Qtopia only and it seems, these
sources are no longer offered by Trolltech/Nokia.
So now you can either write a small command line app, yourself. Or go back to
the FIFO idea.

Good Luck
Uli

--

------- ROAD ...the handyPC Company - - -  ) ) )

Uli Luckas
Head of Software Development

ROAD GmbH
Bennigsenstr. 14 | 12159 Berlin | Germany
fon: +49 (30) 230069 - 62 | fax: +49 (30) 230069 - 69
url: www.road.de

Amtsgericht Charlottenburg: HRB 96688 B
Managing director: Hans-Peter Constien