how to externally trigger konq-e to refresh view

Stefan Strobl nst at gersys.de
Fri Sep 25 09:46:12 CEST 2009

Uli Luckas wrote:
> On Wednesday, 23. September 2009, Stefan Strobl wrote:
>> Uli Luckas wrote:
>> For my signalling application I'd like to use the qcop tool as you
>> suggested, but I cannot find it anywhere. According to this
>> (http://doc.trolltech.com/qtopia4.3/qcop-tool.html) it should be part of
>> qtopia but I didn't find it nowhere in qte-3.3.4 nor in qte-4.4.3. Can
>> you tell me where to find the sources to the qcop tool?

> Sorry, Stefan.
> You are right, the qcop tool is part of Qtopia only and it seems, these
> sources are no longer offered by Trolltech/Nokia.
> So now you can either write a small command line app, yourself. Or go back to
> the FIFO idea.

Sorry. I again forgot to CC the list. Here we go.

I've done my own little command line tool which works fine. Thanks for
pointing me towards QCopMessages.

AS mentioned, external triggering of reload() works find, apart from a
memory leak. After doing some 100 refresh the memory use of konq
increases from 28308kB up to 31556kB (+11%). This might have to do with
my configuration though, or is this a known issue?

The threading & processes is not an issue anymore. Don't know why I got
confused here.

Regards
Stefan