how to externally trigger konq-e to refresh view

Stefan Strobl nst at gersys.de
Wed Sep 23 21:23:59 CEST 2009

Uli Luckas wrote:
> On Wednesday, 23. September 2009, Stefan Strobl wrote:
> If you don't want to make your programm a qapplication, you could also send
> qcop messages by calling the qcop command line application via ::system().
> As you sugested you can also use a FIFO or a socket for communication. In the
> browser, just make sure to use the event loop (QSocket/QSocketNotifier) for
> asynchronus notification on fifo events.

Thanks for your help. I did manage to use a QCopChannel to call reload()
in konqueror from another application.

For my signalling application I'd like to use the qcop tool as you
suggested, but I cannot find it anywhere. According to this
(http://doc.trolltech.com/qtopia4.3/qcop-tool.html) it should be part of
qtopia but I didn't find it nowhere in qte-3.3.4 nor in qte-4.4.3. Can
you tell me where to find the sources to the qcop tool?

Many thanks
Stefan