Minimum Konqueror-E possible?

Johann Wilfling wj313 at gmx.net
Wed Aug 8 09:17:51 CEST 2007

Hi,

 My post was somehow identified as spam .. can you repost it to the list?

Kind regards.

Hi forum,

I've been looking for some kind of "help viewer", which displays HTML pages. The viewer should be capable of Javascript and CSS, and should have the absolute minimum system requirements, that is the hard disk memory should be as low as possible.

What is the memory footprint of Konqueror-E where all additional functionalities (like bookmark manager, file open dialog, ftp capabilities ..) are disabled? Just a plain widget, where the HTML page is rendered.
Is it possible and what adoptions have to be made (compile flags)?

The viewer should run under X11 - in respect to the memory footprint: Is it better to compile Konqueror-E with qt2/X11 or qt2-e and use the QT virtual framebuffer?

Are there any other pointers to a small and tiny HTML viewer with Javascript and CSS?

Kind regards.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------