rtti for dynamic casts

Brian Dembinski emmo213 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 9 16:11:16 CET 2006

I was hoping there was another way, but I'll go in and edit
 the Makefiles removing the references to -no-rtti. In
 QT/E rtti it isn't in configure, so I figure going into the
 Makefiles directly is the most guaranteed way. Too bad
 there's 200+ Makefiles.

 My target system is a Via Epia board with a VIA C3 800Mhz
 processor, 512Mb of ram, and a 64Mb DOM (hdd) running
 RedHat 8.0. Staying away from X, I'm using the framebuffer.

 Thanks for the suggestions. We'll see how it goes.

 Brian

yan seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:This is the same error I am getting.... But I am getting it on starting
flash... See my last email for the full gory story...

The only way I've found is to edit ./configure and remove the -fno-rtti
from the CXXFLAGS and one other line... make clean and rebuild....

I can't remember at the moment how I did it with Qt....

Also, it seems to me that you need to build Qt first, then build konq/e.
If you rebuild Qt/e, then you should rebuild konq/e.... Purely based on
some weird behavior that appears to go away once both programs are
rebuilt in that order...

Could you please post more about your system, environment, etc?

I am running on an embedded arm board, 200 MHz ARM9, 32 MB RAM, with a
320x240 LCD screen and framebuffer...

--Yan