rtti for dynamic casts

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu Mar 9 16:16:43 CET 2006

Brian Dembinski wrote:

> I was hoping there was another way, but I'll go in and edit
> the Makefiles removing the references to -no-rtti. In
> QT/E rtti it isn't in configure, so I figure going into the
> Makefiles directly is the most guaranteed way. Too bad
> there's 200+ Makefiles.

The makefiles are autogenerated....  So the next time you run
./configure you lose your changes.

For Qt, I think you have to go into the mkspecs/qws dir and edit the
qmake.conf for your architecture....  There is some very good docs on
the Qt build process in the html pages of the Qt/E source tree.

> My target system is a Via Epia board with a VIA C3 800Mhz
> processor, 512Mb of ram, and a 64Mb DOM (hdd) running
> RedHat 8.0. Staying away from X, I'm using the framebuffer.

You got a bit more horsepower than me....  :-)

--Yan