rtti for dynamix casts

yan seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu Mar 9 00:03:56 CET 2006

Brian Dembinski wrote:

> I've ran into a problem. Compiling KonqE is fine, but
> certain webpages cause the entire application to crash.
> This is particularly evident when Javascript is turned on.
> I've compiled qt-embedded-free-3.3.5 using
>
> <snip>

> I've included the entire debug output, but the tail of that is :
> debug: _finished
> debug: [void KIO::Scheduler::releaseJob(KIO::SimpleJob*, bool)]
> called, job:0x84fef10
> debug: SlaveBase: read() error 2, No such file or directory! exiting!
> launcher: creating slave for protocol http
> launcher: error sending launcherSlavePidCmd: Broken pipe
> debug: Reading Entry Local Protocols/http
> debug: (850) HTTPProtocol::reparseConfiguration
> debug: SlaveBase: select() error 9, Bad file descriptor! exiting!
> debug: SlaveBase: read() error 2, No such file or directory! Exiting!
>
> Depending on the website or different options passed to it,
> the output varies, but the same “launcherSlavePidCmd: Broken
> Pipe” persists. Looking through tons of information, people
> seem to attribute this error if rtti isn't enabled, but I
> have enabled it in both QTE and KonqE. Do I need to go in
> and modify all the makefiles removing the -fno-rtti option for
> CXX flags? Any help on what I'm missing would be greatly
> appreciated. Thanks.

This is the same error I am getting.... But I am getting it on starting
flash... See my last email for the full gory story...

The only way I've found is to edit ./configure and remove the -fno-rtti
from the CXXFLAGS and one other line... make clean and rebuild....

I can't remember at the moment how I did it with Qt....

Also, it seems to me that you need to build Qt first, then build konq/e.
If you rebuild Qt/e, then you should rebuild konq/e.... Purely based on
some weird behavior that appears to go away once both programs are
rebuilt in that order...

Could you please post more about your system, environment, etc?

I am running on an embedded arm board, 200 MHz ARM9, 32 MB RAM, with a
320x240 LCD screen and framebuffer...

--Yan