cross-compile Q

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Sat Jan 7 16:13:16 CET 2006

On Saturday 07 January 2006 15:47, Yan Seiner wrote:
> I am trying to cross-compile konq/e for my arm box.
>
> I'm running into a bit of a chicken and egg problem with uic and
> dcopidl....
>
> AFAICT both dcopidl and uic need to be run on the build computer - in my
> case, an x86 box.  So I compile qt-embedded and kdelibs natively.  They
> both build and run fine.  And they use libqte-mt built for x86.

You do not need to build kdelibs in general - you can use the one from your
distribution.
The same goes for uic, too.

Of course, you can build both on your own, but I doubt kdelibs would compile
without tweaks against qt-embedded.

> But when I go to recompile for my arm box, libqte-mt gets compiled for
> an arm chip, and neither uic nor dcopidl will run as they try to load
> libqte-mt built for arm and die with a cryptic message about OS ABI.

Just be sure to have your regular uic and dcopidl binaries in your PATH
before any of the cross-compiler stuff.
Or you can copy over the x86 files to your cross-compiler environment.

> If I try to do a make install in the qt embedded dir, it tries to copy
> files to the same location....
>
> So...
>
> What magic combination of ./configure --qt????= and QTDIR should I be
> using?

./configure --qt-mt should do.

I keep QTDIR unset normally, you may want to set --with-qt-includes=
and --with-qt-libraries= to force the use of your cross-compiled libraries.

--
Luciano Montanaro //
                \X/ mikelima at cirulla.net