cross-compile Q

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sat Jan 7 15:47:55 CET 2006

I am trying to cross-compile konq/e for my arm box.

I'm running into a bit of a chicken and egg problem with uic and dcopidl....

AFAICT both dcopidl and uic need to be run on the build computer - in my
case, an x86 box.  So I compile qt-embedded and kdelibs natively.  They
both build and run fine.  And they use libqte-mt built for x86.

But when I go to recompile for my arm box, libqte-mt gets compiled for
an arm chip, and neither uic nor dcopidl will run as they try to load
libqte-mt built for arm and die with a cryptic message about OS ABI.

If I try to do a make install in the qt embedded dir, it tries to copy
files to the same location....

So...

What magic combination of ./configure --qt????= and QTDIR should I be using?

Unfortunately my development box  is achingly slow....  So trial and
error is equally slow....

Thanks,

--Yan