Fixes to make konq-e 3.3.1 run on ppc8xx

David Ho DavidHo at nanometrics.ca
Fri Jan 14 19:48:05 CET 2005

Hi all,

We have managed to run kdelibs version 3.3.1 using a snapshot of the kdenox
patch from Dec 14, 2004 with qt-embedded-free 3.3.2 on the ppc8xx platform.
At the same time we've added custom changes to make konq-e behave the way
we wanted.  I have included the changes that might be useful for others and
left out stuff that's specific to us.

A summary of the changes made:

- fixed a number of build errors.
- fixed memory leak.
- fixed konq-e changes that broke/crash system.
- hide status bar in Kiosk mode.
- fixed tabbing sequence to properly iterate elements in a page.
- combo box popup list hack.

One remaining problem is the drop-down list in the combo box disappears
when an element in the page causes the page to get repainted.  We did a
quick hack to repaint the list whenever the khtmlview is updated.  It's not
the best solution as the pop-up list still flashes to repaint itself after
a page refresh.

Has anyone come across this problem and has a fix for it?  If you are
interested in problem I can give you more information about it.

This is the configuration we used
./configure --without-ssl --enable-qt-embedded --enable-embedded
--disable-selection --disable-scrollbars --enable-jshostext
--with-qt-dir=/home/davidho/bk-qt-dev --with-gui=kiosk
--with-javascript=static --disable-pcre --without-arts
--host=powerpc-860-linux-gnu --prefix=/home/davidho/kde/dist
--enable-debug=no --disable-bookmarks

David H.
Nanometrics Inc.

(See attached file: kde-post.patch)