problems building Konq-Embedded

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Tue Jan 11 10:22:56 CET 2005

El Lunes 10 Enero 2005 19:58, David A. Peters escribió:
> I've seen this question before, but none of the replies seem to help me.
> When I run configure it fails at the point where it says "checking for
> libz".
> In config.log I get:
>   cannot find -lz
>
> Is this because gcc (2.95.3) does not support this option or because it
> doesn't know where the libz library is located?

It's the latter. Do you have libz in your cross-development environment?
If not you have to cross compile and install it somewhere, and tell the
cross compiler where the libraries reside.

See the attached script for how I do that.
I use this script to build out of a CVS checkout, so there is a number of
steps that should be skipped if you compile from a tar-ball, and it is for
HEAD CVS sources, but it may be useful as a reference.

--
Luciano Montanaro

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a yo-yo
                                                          - Enoch Root