R: konqueror3 on SH4

Andrea Bondavalli a.bondavalli at ngi.it
Mon Dec 5 15:38:23 CET 2005

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Luciano Montanaro [mailto:mikelima at cirulla.net]
Inviato: lunedì 5 dicembre 2005 11.36

>I do not remember having seen this, but I rarely build with Qt-embedded.
>Is the effect like having the main window pushed to front? That is, can you

>bring back windows once they are obscured?
Yes, the konqueror main window is pushed to front and I am able to bring
back some parts of the obscured windows by passing over them with the mouse
pointer. I am also able to interact with such obscured windows: I am able
to push buttons on them or to move and to close them.

>Can you try adding --statushide=1000 to the konqueror command line?
>This changes the timer for the statusbar hiding, maybe it interferes with
>other tings too.
I tried it but it seems to have no effect on the problem.
I tried also to hide the status bar (General/ShowStatusBar=false)
but this has no effect too.

>To have a better understanding on what is going on, you may try to
>configure with --enable-debug=full. This makes konqueror very verbose,
>and you may get some hint on what is happening.
I tried this but I do not see any message regarding the menu or the popup
windows creation or drawing.

Please consider that I enabled the frame buffer support on my i686 Linux PC.
I recompiled both the qt-embedded-free-3.3.4 and konqueror3 for such host
and I am experiencing the same problem. That is, the problem doesn't seem
to be platform dependent.

Besides, since I am going to use only an infrared remote control as input
device, I'd like to know about the capability of konqueror to be used
without a mouse pointer: is it possible to use a keyboard to move from one
link to another of the HTML page and to move among the different konqueror
GUI elements ?

Thank you a lot,
Andrea

> Please consider that after this I tried to compiled the "old" version of
> konqueror (snapshot 20030705) using the qt-embedded-2.3.8 and I do not
> experience this problem. Besides using the examples included in the QT3
> package I am not able to reproduce it.
>
> Have you ever experienced such a problem ?
> Do you have any idea about the cause of the problem ?
>
> Thank you a lot in advance.
>
> Andrea Bondavalli

Luciano Montanaro //
                \X/ mikelima at cirulla.net