konqueror3 on SH4

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Mon Dec 5 11:35:56 CET 2005

On Friday 02 December 2005 14:44, Andrea Bondavalli wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I successfully compiled konqueror3-embedded-0.2 (snapshot 20051128) on a
> SH4 linux box, using the qt-embedded-free-3.3.4 package.
> In order to compile the QT library I had to add an sh4-linux qws spec. file
> using the linux-generic-g++ file as template.

Yes, to cross compile Qt you need to add a tweaked mkspec directory.

> I compiled konqueror3 with the following flags:
> ./configure --host=sh4-linux --with-konq-tmp-prefix=/tmp --enable-debug
> --disable-shared --enable-static --enable-largeicons --with-gui=x11
> --enable-qt-embedded --enable-embedded --enable-add-ons=kflashpart
> --with-qt-dir=/home/src/sh4/qt-embedded-free-3.3.4 --disable-pcre
> --disable-printing --with-ipv6-lookup=no --disable-rpath
> --disable-selection --without-arts
>
> and I compiled the QT3 package with all the features enabled (everything).
>
> Although the browser starts up correctly and I am able to browse several
> URLs, I am experiencing some problems related with all the menu and popup
> windows.
> For example, when I activate the preferences dialog it appears correctly on
> the screen but after a few seconds the main window of the browser redraws
> and overlap such dialog. The final result is that all the dialogs and all
> the popup windows are completely or partially hidden by the main window of
> the browser.

I do not remember having seen this, but I rarely build with Qt-embedded.
Is the effect like having the main window pushed to front? That is, can you
bring back windows once they are obscured?

Can you try adding --statushide=1000 to the konqueror command line?
This changes the timer for the statusbar hiding, maybe it interferes with
other tings too.

To have a better understanding on what is going on, you may try to
configure with --enable-debug=full. This makes konqueror very verbose,
and you may get some hint on what is happening.

Luciano