konqueror3 on SH4

Andrea Bondavalli a.bondavalli at ngi.it
Fri Dec 2 14:44:54 CET 2005

Hi all,

I successfully compiled konqueror3-embedded-0.2 (snapshot 20051128) on a SH4
linux box, using the qt-embedded-free-3.3.4 package.
In order to compile the QT library I had to add an sh4-linux qws spec. file
using the linux-generic-g++ file as template.

I compiled konqueror3 with the following flags:
./configure --host=sh4-linux --with-konq-tmp-prefix=/tmp --enable-debug
--disable-shared --enable-static --enable-largeicons --with-gui=x11
--enable-qt-embedded --enable-embedded --enable-add-ons=kflashpart
--with-qt-dir=/home/src/sh4/qt-embedded-free-3.3.4 --disable-pcre
--disable-printing --with-ipv6-lookup=no --disable-rpath --disable-selection
--without-arts

and I compiled the QT3 package with all the features enabled (everything).

Although the browser starts up correctly and I am able to browse several
URLs, I am experiencing some problems related with all the menu and popup
windows.
For example, when I activate the preferences dialog it appears correctly on
the screen but after a few seconds the main window of the browser redraws
and overlap such dialog. The final result is that all the dialogs and all
the popup windows are completely or partially hidden by the main window of
the browser.

Please consider that after this I tried to compiled the "old" version of
konqueror (snapshot 20030705) using the qt-embedded-2.3.8 and I do not
experience this problem. Besides using the examples included in the QT3
package I am not able to reproduce it.

Have you ever experienced such a problem ?
Do you have any idea about the cause of the problem ?

Thank you a lot in advance.

Andrea Bondavalli