Textbox problem.

Yoon Kah Leow yoon.kah.lau at appliedbiosystems.com
Wed Apr 27 09:19:48 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have compiled konqe in 'kiosk' mode. However, it seems that konqe
handles both the khtml portion and the main window GUI seperately.
Therefore, even though the html pages has not finished loading, the main
GUI for konqe will be calling the function 'triggerLayout' found in
qt/embedded to paint everything out nicely. This leads to the problem of
textboxes which is unable to display after 'Loading complete', if I
disable the status bar.

That is, if I did not disable the status bar, the textboxes from my html
page will only appear when 'statusBar()' is triggered in the 'init'
funtion of 'mainwindowbase' after a 'timeout' signal is initiated.

I am not sure if I am correct on this...anyway, if so, is there anyway in
which the khtml portion is able to notify the main window that it has
completed and signal for a overall refresh if I disable my statusbar ? :(

Btw, I am using konqueror-snapshot-20030705.

Regards.