Memory usage increasing

Tobias Anton TA at ESC-Electronics.de
Tue May 18 20:40:01 CEST 2004

Hi,

First of all: Tronical, would you mind making me a list member?

On Montag, 26. April 2004 14:19, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> On Monday 26 April 2004 12:35, "Artem Kurakin"  wrote:
> > Hello everyone.
> >
> > I found following problem with konqueror embedded, last snapshot for 2.2
> > qt.
> >
> > When I reload page, using JavaScript many times, then memory usage
> > permanently increasing. I used to use ccmalloc for checking memory leak -
> > it reports, that memory leaks doesn't depends on reloading.
> > But memory using depends on reloading!
> >
> > Please, give me any advice. I even don't know which direction to see.
> > Is it really memory leaks or maybe cache becoming to big? (I don't use
> > disc cache)
>
> KHTML and KJS v2 have serious memory leaks (I think the leak depended on
> buggy refcounting).

There are 2.x versions of KHTML that don't leak memory.

One major memory leak in KJS 2.x is related to the fact that a garbage
collection is missing. However, when a page is left, all memory allocated for
javascript variables is freed again. This leads to the strange behaviour that
a page containing timered javascript calls seems to leak memory, but the mem
usage drastically drops as soon as the page is left.

Cheers
Tobias