konqueror-embedded based on kdelibs 3.2 working

Tobias Anton TA at ESC-Electronics.de
Tue May 18 20:27:44 CEST 2004

On Freitag, 19. März 2004 15:34, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> Hi,
> I finally managed to compile konqueror-embedded using the new stable
> kdelibs. Currently the browser starts, and can display most pages. There
> are still problems with javascript (I probably trimmed the stubs too
> close!).
>
> There are features in the new khtml we are not instered in (I think),
> like the wallet and the spelling checker in html textedit widgets.
>
> Currently I have #if 0'd out support for these features; using stubs for
> them would make it easier to keep in sync with kdelibs, but on the other
> hand would bring in useless code. An idea is to tag unneded parts with
> #ifndef KONQ_EMBEDDED, or enable them with #ifdef ENABLE_WALLET,
> #ifdef ENABLE_SPELLCHECKER, and ask the khtml maintainers to accept the
> annotaded source, but I suspect this change would not be particularly
> welcome. Suggestions?

The dependencies from KHTML to e.g. kwallet and kdeprint are very loose. They
could be made optional with just a few #ifdefs. In that case I think it is
okay to add them #ifdefs to the khtml codebase.

Tobias