compiling latest konq-e from CVS

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Fri Jun 11 23:16:24 CEST 2004

On Friday 11 June 2004 22:13, Boss Man wrote:
> Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> > El Thursday 10 June 2004 22:11, b0ssman at wrconsult.net escribió:
> >>i followed the directions on the konqueror/embedded webpage & downloaded
> >> the kdelibs + kdenox components, then attempted to perform a "make -f
> >> Makefile.cvs" from the kdenox directory; the following is a transcript
> >> of what happened:
> >
> > Currently konqueror embedded *should* work with kdelibs 3.1 or 3.2. The
> > kdelibs 3.2 support has been added quite recently, and there could be
> > some problem with it. I hope I did not break kdelibs 3.1 support in
> > adding kdelibs3.2.
> > The HEAD kdelibs, however have not been tried at all. Be sure to check
> > out kdelibs from the KDE_3_1_BRANCH or KDE_3_2_BRANCH. Or better yet,
> > from the latest minor release on each branch (for kde3.2, it should be
> > KDE_3_2_3_RELEASE).
>
> i tried the KDE_3_2_3_RELEASE, & here are the results:
>
> This Makefile is only for the CVS repository
> This will be deleted before making the distribution
>
> $ make -f Makefile.cvs
> *** preparing konq-embed...
> *** preparing kde sources (from ../../kdelibs into ./kdesrc) ...
> mkdir: cannot create directory `./kdesrc/kdecore/malloc': File exists
> cp: cannot stat `../../kdelibs/kioslave/http/httpfilter.cpp': No such
> file or di
> rectory
> cp: cannot stat `../../kdelibs/kioslave/http/httpfilter.cc': No such
> file or dir
> ectory
> cp: cannot stat `../../kdelibs/kioslave/http/httpfilter.h': No such file
> or dire
> ctory
> rm: cannot lstat `./kdesrc/khtml/khtml_find.*': No such file or directory
> rm: cannot lstat `./kdesrc/khtml/htmlpageinfo.*': No such file or directory
> cp: cannot stat `../../kdelibs/khtml/misc/htmltags.gperf': No such file
> or direc
> tory
> *** applying ecma embedded_3.2.patch ...

These are "normal". The files were needed in previous versions of konqueror
embedded, but recent kdelibs do not have them. I'll fix the script. It's
unlikely they will be needed in the future.

> after this, everything succeeds until:
>
> $ ./configure --enable-qt-embedded
> checking for dcopidl... not found
> configure: error: The important program dcopidl was not found!
> Please check whether you installed KDE correctly.

Currently, you must install kdelibs somewhere for your build environment.
the dcopidl program (and some other tool as well) is needed to preprocess
part of the sources, and making a completely standalone build seems to be
too much for my poor autotools expertise. (I actually included the needed
tools, until I realized that in a cross-compiling environment they have to be
compiled differently from the rest of konqueror-embedded).

Luciano