compiling latest konq-e from CVS

Boss Man b0ssman at wrconsult.net
Fri Jun 11 23:20:49 CEST 2004

Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> On Friday 11 June 2004 22:13, Boss Man wrote:
>>*** preparing konq-embed...
>>*** preparing kde sources (from ../../kdelibs into ./kdesrc) ...
>>mkdir: cannot create directory `./kdesrc/kdecore/malloc': File exists
>>cp: cannot stat `../../kdelibs/kioslave/http/httpfilter.cpp': No such
>>file or di
>>rectory
>>cp: cannot stat `../../kdelibs/kioslave/http/httpfilter.cc': No such
>>file or dir
>>ectory
>>cp: cannot stat `../../kdelibs/kioslave/http/httpfilter.h': No such file
>>or dire
>>ctory
>>rm: cannot lstat `./kdesrc/khtml/khtml_find.*': No such file or directory
>>rm: cannot lstat `./kdesrc/khtml/htmlpageinfo.*': No such file or directory
>>cp: cannot stat `../../kdelibs/khtml/misc/htmltags.gperf': No such file
>>or direc
>>tory
>>*** applying ecma embedded_3.2.patch ...
>
> These are "normal". The files were needed in previous versions of konqueror
> embedded, but recent kdelibs do not have them. I'll fix the script. It's
> unlikely they will be needed in the future.

thanks.  i suspected that but wanted to be sure.

>>after this, everything succeeds until:
>>
>>$ ./configure --enable-qt-embedded
>>checking for dcopidl... not found
>>configure: error: The important program dcopidl was not found!
>>Please check whether you installed KDE correctly.
>
> Currently, you must install kdelibs somewhere for your build environment.
> the dcopidl program (and some other tool as well) is needed to preprocess
> part of the sources, and making a completely standalone build seems to be
> too much for my poor autotools expertise. (I actually included the needed
> tools, until I realized that in a cross-compiling environment they have to be
> compiled differently from the rest of konqueror-embedded).

ok, i'll do a complete build of kdelibs before proceeding.  i thought
the directions indicated otherwise (well, ok, the directions i read in
the archive, dated circa last month), but no big deal.

thanks for your help, i'm still trying to get this thing to build so i
can actually see if i can use it.  is there a huge dependency on kapp?
our application is built with qapp, & no, i can't change that fact.
since kapp inherits from qapp & kconfig, i hope i can make it work with
just qapp.

thanks again for all your help, luciano.