konqueror-e need kde library?

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Fri Apr 16 14:31:02 CEST 2004

On Friday 16 April 2004 12:11, xycheng97 wrote:
> Last year, I compiled konqueror-e(snapshot20030705) on sh4-linux platform
> directly.
> There were no problem, and I ran konqueror-e on sh4-linux successfully.
> Today I try to compile konqueror-e(snapshot20040302) on sh4-linux platform
> directly.
> But this time errors appear:
> checking for kde-config... not found
> configure: error: The important program kde-config was not found!
> Please check whether you installed KDE correctly.
>
> Do konqueror-e need kde library?
> If there must be a kde library, it's too large for an embedded equipment :(

The Konqueror embedded snapshots contain the needed parts of the KDE libraries;
however, there are KDE tools needed to build konqueror-embedded that are not
packaged with it. The dcopidl command comes to my mind, for example.

The needed tools could be packaged with the rest, but they currently aren't.

For the time being you'll have to install kdelibs on your developer environment.

Luciano