How to compile Konq-E? (problems with CVS/snapshot version)

Luciano Montanaro konq-e@mail.kde.org
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 15:32:36 +0100

tirsdag 18 mars 2003, 15:15, skrev Martin Zwickel:
> Thanks for the answer!!!!
>
> My problem is, that im searching for a light-weight
> html-rendering-engine.
> Mozilla is way to big and overloaded.
> so i thought i should use khtml/gtkhtml. i came to khtml, because it is
> better than gtkhtml.
> my last problem was, that i have looked for a browser which uses khtml.
> konqueror uses all the kde-shit and i thought konq-e should be good for
> a standalone browser.
>
> but i have so much troubles getting konq-e to work.
> argh....

I have the impression you are trying to use it on the desktop, is that righ=
t?
You should have no problem there, I am using it on my desktop too, it helps
to find problems with various kind of sites.

> On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:44:54 -0500 Keith Kyzivat
>
> <kkyzivat@attbi.com> bubbled:
> > Martin Zwickel wrote:
> > >Hi there!
> > >I'm tring to compile/install Konq-E.
> > >
> > >I tried the current CVS version, wich looks to be incompatible with
> > >the kdelibs v3.1 and kdelibs from current cvs. (Class KURIFilterData
> > >differs, tried to replace, but doesnt help...)
> >
> > You must be compiling with Qt/E, not Qt/X11, right?  I'm seeing the
>
> oh, im using QT/X11...
>
> > same thing. Luciano is working on a patch for KURIFilter,
> > in the mean time to get past that, you can add -DQT_NO_CLIPBOARD to
>
> still compiling without clipboard. damn 2.4ghz... still too slow for kde
> ;)
>
> > CXXFLAGS and disable clipboard support.  Note that you will compile
> > further and run into some Qt/E specific bugs in kjs_window.cpp - the
> > KDE Javascript APIs have changed some since KDE 2.2, and the core KDE
> > developers overlooked making changes to #ifdef'ed QTE code.  Right now
> > I just temporarily stubbed it out to get it compiling further...
> > We need to take a closer look at it though, as I'm sure that stubbing
> > it out is not good.
>
> stubbing it out isn't a good idea. i still hope that it will get fixed
> soon!

If you compile for X11, the code is commented out already. It seems to be=20
unneeded, at least for normal sites. I didn't realize it had problems until
Keith reported it.

> > Say, you never mentioned running into the dynamic_cast errors... I
> > guess you are using Qt/X11...  In any case, I've got some patches to
> > fix the dynamic_cast errors (conversion from native rtti to Qt rtti)
>
> yep, using QT/X11.
>
> > ~Keith
>
> hmm, any way to use khtml without kde and what compiles without
> errors?

I'll send you privately the script I'm using to compile it, that should hel=
p.

Ciao,
Luciano
=2D-=20
Luciano Montanaro// My public GPG key can be  /"\ ASCII RIBBON
               \X/ found at wwwkeys.pgp.net   \ /   CAMPAIGN
                                               X  AGAINST HTML=20
                                              / \     MAIL