How to compile Konq-E? (problems with CVS/snapshot version)

Martin Zwickel konq-e@mail.kde.org
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 15:15:34 +0100

--=.302'6xEg77Sx5O

Thanks for the answer!!!!

My problem is, that im searching for a light-weight
html-rendering-engine.
Mozilla is way to big and overloaded.
so i thought i should use khtml/gtkhtml. i came to khtml, because it is
better than gtkhtml.
my last problem was, that i have looked for a browser which uses khtml.
konqueror uses all the kde-shit and i thought konq-e should be good for
a standalone browser.

but i have so much troubles getting konq-e to work.
argh....

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:44:54 -0500 Keith Kyzivat
<kkyzivat@attbi.com> bubbled:

> Martin Zwickel wrote:
>
> >Hi there!
> >I'm tring to compile/install Konq-E.
> >
> >I tried the current CVS version, wich looks to be incompatible with
> >the kdelibs v3.1 and kdelibs from current cvs. (Class KURIFilterData
> >differs, tried to replace, but doesnt help...)
> >
> You must be compiling with Qt/E, not Qt/X11, right?  I'm seeing the
oh, im using QT/X11...

> same thing. Luciano is working on a patch for KURIFilter,
> in the mean time to get past that, you can add -DQT_NO_CLIPBOARD to
still compiling without clipboard. damn 2.4ghz... still too slow for kde
;)

> CXXFLAGS and disable clipboard support.  Note that you will compile
> further and run into some Qt/E specific bugs in kjs_window.cpp - the
> KDE Javascript APIs have changed some since KDE 2.2, and the core KDE
> developers overlooked making changes to #ifdef'ed QTE code.  Right now
> I just temporarily stubbed it out to get it compiling further...
> We need to take a closer look at it though, as I'm sure that stubbing
> it out is not good.
stubbing it out isn't a good idea. i still hope that it will get fixed
soon!

> Say, you never mentioned running into the dynamic_cast errors... I
> guess you are using Qt/X11...  In any case, I've got some patches to
> fix the dynamic_cast errors (conversion from native rtti to Qt rtti)
yep, using QT/X11.

> ~Keith

hmm, any way to use khtml without kde and what compiles without
errors?

--
Martin Zwickel <martin.zwickel@technotrend.de>

Research & Development

TechnoTrend AG <http://www.technotrend.de>
Werner-von-Siemens-Str. 6
86159 Augsburg (Germany)

Tel: [+49-821-450448-16] <---> Fax: [+49-821-450448-11]

This email, together with any attachments,  is for the exclusive and
confidential use of the addressee(s). Any other distribution, use or
reproduction without the sender's prior consent is  unauthorised and
strictly  prohibited.  If  you have received this message  in error,
please notify the sender by email immediately and delete the message
from your computer without making copies.

--=.302'6xEg77Sx5O

--=.302'6xEg77Sx5O--