setting initial/default window geometry?

Paul Chitescu konq-e@mail.kde.org
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:45:08 +0200

From: "Keith Kyzivat" <kkyzivat@attbi.com>:

> I've got Konq/E running under Qt/E 2.3.2 up and running good on an
> Embedded Planet RPX862 board (have for a while now), but I'm not sure
> how I go about setting the initial geometry of the page.  I'd like it to
> come up maximized..

If compiling for QPE (which does not support command line options) you
should edit defaults.h and change DEFAULT_WINSTYLE to
MainWindowBase::STYLE_MAXIMIZED (you can also use STYLE_FULLSCREEN which
gets rid of the window caption and borders).

If not using QPE and not configuring with --disable-cmdoptions then you can
specify --maximized (or, again, --fullscreen) on the command line. You can
also set the default as described above.

> Another thing I'd like to be able to do is to remove the toolbar and
> status bar, so it comes up in a 'kiosk' mode..  (better yet would be to
> even remove the window border widget, but that's a Qt/E specific issue,
> methinks -- if anyone has any tips on that though, I'd be glad to hear
> them ^_^.

You can build konq/e for kiosk mode although it cannot be selected at run
time.

The non-QPE status bar can be disabled by setting DEFAULT_STATUSDELAY to -1
(also in defaults.h) or by using the command line option --statushide:-1

If using the XML interface you can remove everything related to toolbars and
menus from konqe.rc - look mom, no toolbars!

> Oh, and for anyone trying to cross-compile Konq/E for the RPX8xx, I had
> troubles linking when using binutils 2.11.x (I think 2.11.9).  When I
> moved up to using 2.12.1, everything linked properly, and Konq ran
> beautifully.

You're not the first one to run into this problem - 2.11 didn't work
properly for me even when compiling natively. FYI binutils 2.13.several also
failed for ARM target. 2.12.x seem to be the best version to use on all
targets.

Paul

--
 Paul Chitescu