Paul Chitescu konq-e@mail.kde.org
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 15:34:42 +0200

From: "stephan beal" <stephan@einsurance.de>:
> [...]
> i'm guessing here, but i think this has already been done in Konq's WAR
> support. Web Archives allow you to package up a web page (images and all)
> into an archive for later viewing by konq. i'm not sure if konq-e has this
> support, but i would think it's basically just a matter of linking it in.

It would be nice but it's not so simple since the mechanisms KDE uses to
negociate protocols and MIME types are stubbed out in konq-e. Some files
have to be edited to know about the new protocol.

One solution is to use the patch I've posted almost two months ago which
expands the kio_file so it can use data produced by external processes
(CGI-like). Search the list archive for an attached
"KonqE-20011221.pchitescu.protocols.patch" which will allow you to create an
external handler for a new protocol, say "archive:"

--
 Paul Chitescu
 pchitescu@pchitescu.myip.org   http://pchitescu.myip.org/   ICQ:22641673