Using the KomparePart in KDevelop

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Jul 25 14:51:07 UTC 2009

On Saturday 25 July 2009, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Well, the problem is that a module in trunk/KDE cannot depend on another
> module there (exceptions are kde*libs), thats (AFAIK) KDE policy.

It's not.

* At least kdeplasma-addons has BuildRequires: kdebase-workspace-devel, as do
a few other core modules (kdebase (apps, hey, it's a separate tarball! Not
everyone builds from SVN), kdebindings, kdemultimedia, kdetoys). Yes, even now
that libplasma is in kdelibs; they require other Plasma stuff or other things
in workspace (e.g. KWin libs). When libplasma was still in kdebase-workspace,
half of KDE had BuildRequires: kdebase-workspace-devel.

* kdebase-workspace, kdeadmin and kdeutils require PyKDE4 from kdebindings to
build (though it's only really needed at runtime, so we patched out the build
time checks in Fedora). Note that the dependency between kdebase-workspace and
kdebindings is circular!

* kdeplasma-addons also BuildRequires kdeedu-devel for Marble.

* kdebindings also BuildRequires kdegraphics-devel for Okular libs (to build
Ruby bindings for them). I think their long term plan is to BuildRequire
everything with libs in it to build bindings for everything.

* In KDE 3, both kdevelop and kdewebdev had a BuildRequires on kdesdk-devel to
provide Cervisia integration.

and I may have missed some.

        Kevin Kofler