Using the KomparePart in KDevelop

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Jul 25 15:05:30 UTC 2009

On 25.07.09 16:51:07, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> On Saturday 25 July 2009, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Well, the problem is that a module in trunk/KDE cannot depend on another
> > module there (exceptions are kde*libs), thats (AFAIK) KDE policy.
>
> It's not.

Hmm, last I asked I was told so.

> * At least kdeplasma-addons has BuildRequires: kdebase-workspace-devel, as do
> a few other core modules (kdebase (apps, hey, it's a separate tarball! Not
> everyone builds from SVN), kdebindings, kdemultimedia, kdetoys). Yes, even now
> that libplasma is in kdelibs; they require other Plasma stuff or other things
> in workspace (e.g. KWin libs). When libplasma was still in kdebase-workspace,
> half of KDE had BuildRequires: kdebase-workspace-devel.
>
> * kdebase-workspace, kdeadmin and kdeutils require PyKDE4 from kdebindings to
> build

No they don't, I don't have kdebindings installed on my trunk-machine
and both build just fine. So its optional. Anyway, I see your point and
I think we have enough evidence for simply creating the needed FindXXX
module and let kdevplatform depend on kdesdk.

Andreas

--
You should go home.