Using the KomparePart in KDevelop

Killerfox killerfox512 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 21:49:23 UTC 2009

>Well, feel free to write one (it should be fairly easy) and also to export
>all the interfaces you need from the KomparePart (as long as you don't remove
>or change APIs, you can just commit what you need, exporting or adding APIs
>as you need; if you want to change some API, please ask here first).

After all I decided not to make a FindKompare.cmake, as a simple find_path
works now. I developed a patch to compare a source file with a supplied string
destination. Please review, specially the changes of replacing
KompareModelList::compareFiles && KompareModelList::compareDirs with
KompareModelList::compare(Kompare::Mode), and the addition of
KomparePart::compareAndUpdateAll.

Since it contains a few API changes I am asking for feedback here first. I can
implement the other way around(string source -> file destination) pretty easy
later on.