Export to CSV error

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Jan 28 07:49:20 GMT 2024

On Samstag, 27. Januar 2024 20:15:38 CET Jack via KMyMoney wrote:

> On 2024.01.27 13:36, Louis-Philippe Allard via KMyMoney wrote:
> >  Unexpected exception 'Split not found for account !A000712
> > /home/appimage/Craft/BinaryFactory/downloads/git/extragear/kmymoney/kmymoney/mymoney/mymoneytransaction.cpp:266'
> In a buy or sell transaction, there is one split for the money from/to
> the brokerage account and one split for the decrease/increase in
> shares, and a possible split for fees.  The "!" seems to say that there
> is a transaction without a split for an account (or category) other
> than the account being exported.  (That assumes I read the code
> correctly.)

The '!' says, that a split was searched in the transaction that
does *not* match A000712. So it seems, that this transaction only
has a split referencing A000712 but no other. Other than that, I
don't know any details about the CSV export logic (and only a
little more about the import one).

> Can you confirm that A000712 is the brokerage account?
> Unfortunatley, the error does not mention the problematic transaction,
> so other than running under a debugger (or patching the code to add
> that) I would suggest to start by looking through that account to see
> if you can't find a buy or sell transaction which does not add or
> remove any shares (seems unlikely) or an interest/dividend transaction
> which does not have a category for the funds.

I added code to include the transaction id in the master branch. So
one can use this appimage to test it out.

> > I am not sure why though. Exporting other accounts is working just
> > fine. I tried with different settings, its not working.
> >
> > The error is mentioning Split. However the account I am trying to
> > export consist in a brokerage account with ONLY deposits and
> > withdrawals for stocks purchases... Could it be because of rounding
> > errors in the account?
> I do not think it is a rounding error.  Note that every transaction has
> multiple splits - one for each each account (or category) which gets
> something added or subtracted from it.  The brokerage account would
> have one split in each listed transactions, but there are also splits
> indicating where that money is coming from or going to.

I am with Jack here: no rounding problem.

> > FYI using KMM Appimage 5.1-606
> >
> > Another observation: yesterday I tried to download the latest
> > AppImage, both the 5.1 branch as well as the master branches were
> > saying "No artifacts found"...
> There have been recent changes to how all the appimage files are built,
> and there are still some issues to be worked out.

AppImages are automatically deleted after 3 days as they are mainly
mentioned for developers. This is a general setting we cannot influence.

Selecting your Linux distro is like selecting your partner:
a very individual process.