Export to CSV error

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jan 27 19:15:38 GMT 2024

On 2024.01.27 13:36, Louis-Philippe Allard via KMyMoney wrote:
>  Unexpected exception 'Split not found for account !A000712
> /home/appimage/Craft/BinaryFactory/downloads/git/extragear/kmymoney/kmymoney/mymoney/mymoneytransaction.cpp:266'
In a buy or sell transaction, there is one split for the money from/to
the brokerage account and one split for the decrease/increase in
shares, and a possible split for fees.  The "!" seems to say that there
is a transaction without a split for an account (or category) other
than the account being exported.  (That assumes I read the code
correctly.)  Can you confirm that A000712 is the brokerage account?
Unfortunatley, the error does not mention the problematic transaction,
so other than running under a debugger (or patching the code to add
that) I would suggest to start by looking through that account to see
if you can't find a buy or sell transaction which does not add or
remove any shares (seems unlikely) or an interest/dividend transaction
which does not have a category for the funds.

> I am not sure why though. Exporting other accounts is working just
> fine. I tried with different settings, its not working.
>
> The error is mentioning Split. However the account I am trying to
> export consist in a brokerage account with ONLY deposits and
> withdrawals for stocks purchases... Could it be because of rounding
> errors in the account?
I do not think it is a rounding error.  Note that every transaction has
multiple splits - one for each each account (or category) which gets
something added or subtracted from it.  The brokerage account would
have one split in each listed transactions, but there are also splits
indicating where that money is coming from or going to.

> FYI using KMM Appimage 5.1-606
>
> Another observation: yesterday I tried to download the latest
> AppImage, both the 5.1 branch as well as the master branches were
> saying "No artifacts found"...
There have been recent changes to how all the appimage files are built,
and there are still some issues to be worked out.