File parse error

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Mar 7 18:30:04 GMT 2020

On 3/7/20 12:27 PM, Todd Lasman wrote:
> Not sure how to address this problem, so I could use some help.
>
> On my office computer, running kmymoney 5.0.8, I'm able open my data
> file (encrypted with my gpg key) without difficulty.
>
> This data file is shared over nextcloud with my laptop, running kmymoney
> 5.0.6 (same gpg key), and when I try to open it on my laptop, I get this
> error:
>
> Cannot open file as requested.
> Details:
> File was not parsable!
> /builddir/build/BUILD/kmymoney-5.0.6/kmymoney/plugins/xml/mymoneystoragexml.cpp:1396
>
> I've confirmed that the synchronized files are the same bit-by-bit. Due
> to the constraints of my laptop, I can't upgrade to version 5.0.8, but
> I'm thinking that the data files should still be compatible within a
> major version. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled kmymoney on my
> laptop to no avail.
>
> Any thoughts on fixing this?
>
> Thanks for any help!

What OS is on each computer?  I'm not familiar with nextcloud - when you
try to open the file on the laptop, it the file on a local drive simply
synced by nextcloud, or is it on a shared network drive?  Can you try
copying the file to a local drive and see if you can open it there?
Also, you can try an AppImage version of KMyMoney
(seehttps://kmymoney.org/appimage.html) in case your distro does not
provide an updated package?