File parse error

Todd Lasman todd.lasman at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 17:27:24 GMT 2020

Not sure how to address this problem, so I could use some help.

On my office computer, running kmymoney 5.0.8, I'm able open my data
file (encrypted with my gpg key) without difficulty.

This data file is shared over nextcloud with my laptop, running kmymoney
5.0.6 (same gpg key), and when I try to open it on my laptop, I get this
error:

Cannot open file as requested.
Details:
File was not parsable!
/builddir/build/BUILD/kmymoney-5.0.6/kmymoney/plugins/xml/mymoneystoragexml.cpp:1396

I've confirmed that the synchronized files are the same bit-by-bit. Due
to the constraints of my laptop, I can't upgrade to version 5.0.8, but
I'm thinking that the data files should still be compatible within a
major version. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled kmymoney on my
laptop to no avail.

Any thoughts on fixing this?

Thanks for any help!