Opening MySQL database from CLI

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 16:24:32 BST 2020

Hello,

If this is possible, this should be an easy one for the
programmers...  I am using MySQL databases with KMM 5.0.5, and I
currently opening them by launching KMM, and selecting the desired DB
in the recent files menu.  This pre-populates the DB opening dialog
box, and only have to enter the DB password.

I'd like to be able to open a DB directly by calling KMM from the
shell, something like:

kmymoney
sql://database-username@database-server/database-name?driver=QMYSQLsecure=yes'

but when I try this, I get:

  "Qt SQL driver QMYSQLsecure=yes is no longer installed on your system"

I think its because the "secure=yes" is concatenated to
"driver=QMYSQL" and the Qt DB driver doesnt like that...

My goal is to create desktop shortcuts for each DB. Once clicked, it
would reproduce selecting the DB in KMM's recent items menu.

Thanks!
  Louis-Philippe Allard
lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Sent using Horde Groupware on GNU/Linux