KMyMoney 5.0.8 released

Carl Schwan carl at carlschwan.eu
Mon Jan 20 14:23:27 GMT 2020

Carl Schwan
https://carlschwan.eu

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
Le lundi, janvier 20, 2020 1:59 PM, Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker at freenet.de> a écrit :

> Am 20.01.20 um 10:02 schrieb Thomas Baumgart:
>

> > Hi,
> > Please also note, that we updated the KMyMoney website https://kmymoney.org to a more modern look and feel. If something is missing / you have improvement suggestions, please let us know via mail to kmymoney-devel at kde.org.
>

> https://jekyllrb.com/docs/ mentions how to run a local website, but this
> fails:
>

> ~/src/websites/kmymoney-org> bundle exec jekyll serve
> Configuration file: ~/src/websites/kmymoney-org/_config.yml
> Source: ~/src/websites/kmymoney-org
> Destination: ~/src/websites/kmymoney-org/_site
> Incremental build: disabled. Enable with --incremental
> Generating...
> Jekyll Feed: Generating feed for posts
> done in 0.987 seconds.
> jekyll 3.8.0 | Error: Too many open files - Failed to initialize
> inotify: the user limit on the total number of inotify instances has
> been reached.
>

> I got this running using the following settings:
>

> sudo sysctl fs.inotify.max_user_instances=8192
> sudo sysctl -p

This is strange, I'm using my distro default value (128) and
this works fine. Do you have other inotify listeners running?

> ~/src/websites/kmymoney-org> bundle exec jekyll serve
> Configuration file: ~/src/websites/kmymoney-org/_config.yml
> Source: ~/src/websites/kmymoney-org
> Destination: ~/src/websites/kmymoney-org/_site
> Incremental build: disabled. Enable with --incremental
> Generating...
> Jekyll Feed: Generating feed for posts
> done in 0.933 seconds.
> Auto-regeneration: enabled for '~/src/websites/kmymoney-org'
> Server address: http://127.0.0.1:4000/
> Server running... press ctrl-c to stop.
>

> Unfortunally after clicking on http://127.0.0.1:4000/news/ and then
> http://127.0.0.1:4000/2019/08/13/kmymoney-4-8-4-released.html the links
> to "bug fixes" and "feature requests" points to
> https://kmymoney.org/resolvedbugs.php?4.8.4 and not to the local running
> instance.

This can probably easily be fixed by sed and find ;) I will submit a merge
request ASAP.

> Changing the url in "_posts/2019-08-13-kmymoney-4-8-4-released.md"
> to "/resolvedbugs.php?4.8.4" returns the php source code. Seems that
> bundle exec does not support php.

I need to say, that it's a good thing that bundler a ruby tools doesn't
include a full PHP environment for the development server.

If you want to test if your resolvedbugs.php still works. You can build
the website with bundle exec Jekyll build and run it with a PHP building
server inside _site `php -S localhost:8002`. This won't handle the redirection
but it should be enough for quick testing.

I plan to replace all the resolvedbugs.php with Jekyll tags[1] and this could
probably be incorporated in the Jekyll theme so that it can be used for other
KDE projects. But this will be after my uni exams. Just a small question, since
you are involved for a longer time than me. Was there a reason why we
use a redirected link instead of just calling a PHP function that directly
creates the Bugzilla URL?

> Ralf

Regards,

Carl