Unable to select Finance::Quote as online source

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 9 23:04:38 GMT 2020

On 2019.12.04 15:31, Jochen wrote:
> Am 04.12.2019 um 16:10 schrieb Jack:
>> When you select Finince::Quote, KMM is supposed to display that list
>> of sources in the dropdown.  Are you sure you are using a version of
>> KMM with the change Thomas made?  It will be in 5.0.8, which has not
>> been released yet, so you either need to compile yourself or use the
>> appimage version.
> Good point. Tried actual GIT version. The list from Finance::Quote
> appears and is saved. My hope was that fetching quotes might be
> easier with Finance::Quote than with website parsing from kmymoney.
> Assumption was wrong. :-(
Wrong how?  I was having all sorts of issues since the plain Yahoo
source stopped working.  I got sporadic results with some other
sources, but nothing consistent.  When I finally got F::Q working, my
first few tries were also unsuccessful, but I finally tried yahoo_json,
and that has worked fine for all my stocks and funds.  I have no idea
why the usa source doesn't work, but as long as I have one that does
work, I'm happy.  Do you have a problem with the general mechanism, or
have you just not found an appropriate source for you?

> Therefore I'll wait until release of 5.0.8.
I suspect that will give you the same results as you get from compiling
from git.  Do you expect something different?