Unable to select Finance::Quote as online source

Jochen jochen at r-ci.de
Fri Jan 10 11:20:42 GMT 2020

Am 10.01.2020 um 00:04 schrieb Jack:
> On 2019.12.04 15:31, Jochen wrote:
>> Am 04.12.2019 um 16:10 schrieb Jack:
>>> When you select Finince::Quote, KMM is supposed to display that list of
>>> sources in the dropdown.  Are you sure you are using a version of KMM
>>> with the change Thomas made?  It will be in 5.0.8, which has not been
>>> released yet, so you either need to compile yourself or use the appimage
>>> version.
>> Good point. Tried actual GIT version. The list from Finance::Quote
>> appears and is saved. My hope was that fetching quotes might be easier
>> with Finance::Quote than with website parsing from kmymoney. Assumption
>> was wrong. :-(
> Wrong how?

Wrong in my assumption that Finance::Quote gives better results. It's
programmed in Perl what eventually improves parsing the web sites.

> I was having all sorts of issues since the plain Yahoo source
> stopped working.  I got sporadic results with some other sources, but
> nothing consistent.  When I finally got F::Q working, my first few tries
> were also unsuccessful, but I finally tried yahoo_json, and that has worked
> fine for all my stocks and funds.  I have no idea why the usa source
> doesn't work, but as long as I have one that does work, I'm happy.  Do you
> have a problem with the general mechanism, or have you just not found an
> appropriate source for you?

In "older" versions of KMyMoney it's just not working. Source is empty.
In the version from GIT I don't have a reliable source.

>> Therefore I'll wait until release of 5.0.8.
> I suspect that will give you the same results as you get from compiling
> from git.  Do you expect something different?

Yes. Full set of language files. ;-) But I can wait for release.

--
Jochen