Thank you for KMyMoney! #ilovefs

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Feb 17 07:22:05 GMT 2020

Ingo, Stanton,

thank you for your nice words which will support our endurance to keep working on the project.

Regarding the MacPort issue, we are aware of the time since the last successful build, but this is not due to a change in KMyMoney source but the software or build tools we rely on (I have not investigated the details). Also, we are not alone with this problem: https://binary-factory.kde.org/view/MacOS/ shows that many more KDE applications suffer from the same/similar problem(s).

I'd love to help, but I don't have the necessary environment nor knowledge about it. Anyone else?

Regards

Thomas

On Samstag, 15. Februar 2020 16:52:28 CET Stanton Sanderson wrote:

> > On Feb 14, 2020, at 4:02 PM, Ingo Klöcker <kloecker at kde.org> wrote:
>
> > Thanks a lot for KMyMoney! It's awesome
>
> > Regards,
> > Ingo
>
> Dear KMyMoney developers,
>
> Ingo’s comments are spot-on. I am a Macintosh user who found KMM-4 on MacPorts some years ago and have been grateful for its simplicity, convenience, and report capabilities. I have also “played” with the KMyMoney 5 built with Jenkins and so far have not found problems going back and forth between versions 4 (-devel on MacPorts) and 5 (Jenkins). However, the last successful Jenkins build was 2 months and 5 days ago. It would be wonderful if somehow a knowledgeable person could update the MacPort KMM to the current (latest) versions.
>
> Regardless, many thanks for your efforts.
>
> Stan

Flying is absolutely safe as long as you land as often
as you take off. -- Klaus Klages