TD Bank and strange QFX Format

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Oct 15 04:06:41 BST 2019

Hello, Ryan,

On 2019.10.14 18:30, Ryan Novosielski wrote:
> Using KMyMoney 5.0.0.
>
> Recently TD Bank changed their website around, and now when I
> download a transaction history for a credit card now, it imports kind
> of screwy. In the native OFX importer, I get every transaction with a
> name of **UNASSIGNED** and the transaction is a credit instead of a
> charge as it should be.
>
> I tried importing via OFX through AqBanking instead. That at least
> gets the name of the retailer correct, but the transactions are still
> credits instead of charges.
>
> Any advice for the best way to make this somewhat less painful?
This is unfortunately, not an uncommon issue.

I can post more details tomorrow, but there is a configuration choice
which OFX tag is used for selecting the Payee.  You might need to look
into what the bank is actually providing, but you can try different
values for this choice.

I'll restrain myself from simply suggesting choosing a different bank,
since this type of problem sooner or later hits all providers.  The
issue is that while the bank itself might or might not program it's
website, it is almost certain that their OFX interface is most likely
contracted out to a different provider, most likely unconnected to
their basic website.

For the setting I referred to, open the account in the ledger, then
edit the account, select the online settings tab, then the Import
Details subtab.  Try the different options for the "Payee's name is
based on contects of the OFS tag" dropdown.  (choices are Payeeid,
Name, and Memo.)