Unexpected failed exchange rate retrieval during online price update

timothy timboyle at afrihost.co.za
Fri Sep 28 18:14:04 BST 2018

Hi Nick

I had a similar problem some years back.

1. Make a backup of your kmymoney file.
2. Do a 'Save As' to an XML file
3. Open with a text editor
   Look for
<PRICEPAIR from="GBP" to="E000003">
and delete all entries up to the closing
 </PRICEPAIR>

4. Do the same for the second E00... account.
5. Open up the XML file in kmymoney
6. Do a consistency check.
7. Do an online update of prices

I can not guarantee anything, but it worked for me.
If you have a working backup you have nothing to lose.

I Have no idea what causes it.

Regards
Timothy