Unexpected failed exchange rate retrieval during online price update

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Sep 28 15:12:55 BST 2018

Hi Nick,

I expect a little corruption in your data at this point. Depending on a few things, the fix might vary. Here are my initial questions to set you up again:

a) which version of KMyMoney are you using? See Help/About KMyMoney? The version usually has three numbers and sometimes an 8 character extension. I am interested in all you can find.

b) do you store your data in a file or a database (MySQL or SQLITE)?

c) in case of a file, do you use encryption?

d) Can you create an anonymized version of your data (see https://docs.kde.org/stable4/en/extragear-office/kmymoney/details.formats.anonymous.html howto create it) and send it to me personally?

e) Do you build KMyMoney yourself or use a pre-build package?

So much for now.

Regards

Thomas

On Freitag, 28. September 2018 15:23:01 CEST Nick Elliott wrote:

> Hi
>
> This has been a long-time issue and still exists in version 5.
>
> When I do an online update two of my investments, after a successful online
> price update, also attempt an exchange rate retrieval which fails (see
> attached screen copy).
>
> If my base currency is GBP and the investments are also GBP why do you
> think this is happening?
>
> Is it possible I've got some incorrect data somewhere, perhaps I made an
> error when I first set the investments up?
>
> Any idea how I can fix or prevent this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Nick

(Rich Kulawiec)