Exporting .qif file...

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Sep 8 10:49:29 BST 2018

Zed,

On Samstag, 8. September 2018 02:07:37 CEST zed wrote:

> Using KMyMoney v5.0.0 on Linux Mint v18.0 Mate
>
> I am trying to export accounts I have in KMyMoney as a .qif file but not
> succeeding.
>
> The QIF Export windows appears and I filled in the file location and chose
> the Account to export (Account and Categories) but cannot type anything in
> the writable icon.  Neither does the Export icon highlight so that I can
> click to complete the procedure.
>
> Obviously, I am doing something wrong and would be very happy to learn
> what it is, please?
>
> A screenshot of the QIF Export window can be viewed at
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/58opndrwrcaruwp/Screenshot%20at%202018-09-08%2009-34-55.png?dl=0

It looks like you need to select a QIF profile. See if there are any in the drop-down list of the combo box. Once selected, the Export button becomes enabled. On https://docs.kde.org/stable4/en/extragear-office/kmymoney/details.impexp.qifimp.html#details.impexp.qifimp.profile you can find some more information about QIF profiles.

Hope that helps

Thomas

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men
trying to find easier ways to do something. -- Robert Heinlein