SSL negotiation failed

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun May 6 06:46:53 UTC 2018

Jonathan,

On Samstag, 5. Mai 2018 21:04:17 CEST Jonathan Stickel wrote:

> I've been using kmymoney for a long time via macports on mac. Just
> recently when updating accounts (kmymoney ofx), I get the error message
> "Could not connect to host [hostname]:  SSL negotiation failed." This
> occurs with two accounts, with the errors starting around the same time
> (a third account still works). Unmapping and re-mapping the online
> account does not help:  I get the same error when first attempting the
> mapping process. I suspect a stale SSL certification, but I can't figure
> out how to download a new one or even to locate the file.

Part of the setup of a secure TLS/SSL connection is to distinguish which algorithms and ciphers shall be used. This is done early on in the connection setup before any data is transferred.

It could well be that the SSL implementation you are using on your MAC does not have any one of these parameters in common with the server, hence the connection could not be established. This will explain, why you can still connect to some servers but not others.

KMyMoney does not contain any specifics about these parameters. With regard to OFX it uses the KIO subsystem (KIO::copy() and KIO::http_post() on current master).

You can use https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/ against the bank servers to check what they support.

I doubt that it is a certificate issue but you never know. The before mentioned test site will tell you.

https://www.telegram.org/       Telegram, the better WhatsApp
(Rich Kulawiec)