SSL negotiation failed

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sat May 5 21:24:15 UTC 2018

On 2018.05.05 15:04, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
> I've been using kmymoney for a long time via macports on mac. Just
> recently when updating accounts (kmymoney ofx), I get the error
> message "Could not connect to host [hostname]:  SSL negotiation
> failed." This occurs with two accounts, with the errors starting
> around the same time (a third account still works). Unmapping and
> re-mapping the online account does not help:  I get the same error
> when first attempting the mapping process. I suspect a stale SSL
> certification, but I can't figure out how to download a new one or
> even to locate the file.
>
> Please help!
>
> Thanks,
> Jonathan

As far as I  know, things like certificates are handled by the OS, so
this may not be a KMyMoney issue.  When you remap the account, note the
URL and see if you can reach it with a browser.  If not, the error
message you get there might be a bit more informative, but no
guarantees.  I don't know anything about packaging on MacOS, but you
should be able to google which package owns the SSL certs, and try
reinstalling it.

Hopefully, someone with more Mac experience will also chime in.