[OFX Import plugin] is switching transaction type when importing credit card

Gilberto gilbertoca at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 20:35:24 UTC 2017

Hi, Jack

> Hello Gilberto,
>
> On 2017.12.01 16:05, Gilberto wrote:
>
>> Since Monday I'm dealing with a problem [1] while importing the credit
>> card's ofx file.
>> As you can see it is not detecting duplication and all transactions are
>> with inverted type (Charge and Payment).
>> Anyone has seen this?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Gilberto.
>>
>> environment:
>> OpenSUSE 42.3
>> Kmymoney Version 4.8.0-35.3
>> KDE Development Platform 4.14.33
>>
>> [1] https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7ckm8zghd0j1x3/kmymoney-ofx-
>> importing-issue.png?dl=0
>>

> Before any other details, my personal guess is that your bank made some
> change to how they prepare the OFX file.  I would suggest calling them just
> in case they know and are willing to say anything, although I consider that
> unlikely.

I've done it. They said there weren't change in their export utility.

>   Also, do you know of anything else that changed recently that might have
> an effect on this?  (
>
> There have certainly been reports of repeated imports not matching,
> although I do not recall any issue of all amounts being negated (the
> inversion you see.)

Yes, since about october have done the match manually after import - but
recently the amounts being negated make things very difficult

> To help, we need some additional information.  Are you using libofx or
> aqbanking?

I think is libofx - have never used aqbanking.

> Are you importing a downloaded ofx file, or using direct connect?

ofx file

> If you import the file a third time, does it match the second import, or
> create yet a third copy of each transaction?

It match (duplication is detected)

  Can you provide one example of the section of the ofx file for just one
> of the transactions?  Be sure not to include any sensitive information such
> as account number or password, but those should not occur within a
> transaction.

<BANKTRANLIST>
<DTSTART>20170928</DTSTART>
<DTEND>20171126</DTEND>
<STMTTRN><TRNTYPE>CREDIT</TRNTYPE>
<DTPOSTED>20171110</DTPOSTED>
<TRNAMT>-1200.04</TRNAMT>
<FITID>2017111054640000000055100000000000</FITID>
<MEMO>PGTO DEBITO CONTA 200211</MEMO>
</STMTTRN>
<STMTTRN><TRNTYPE>PAYMENT</TRNTYPE>
<DTPOSTED>20171027</DTPOSTED>
<TRNAMT>24.00</TRNAMT>
<FITID>2017102754640000000055100000000001</FITID>
<MEMO>LUMIERE PALMAS         PALMAS        BRA</MEMO>
</STMTTRN>
<STMTTRN><TRNTYPE>PAYMENT</TRNTYPE>
<DTPOSTED>20171027</DTPOSTED>
<TRNAMT>7.10</TRNAMT>
<FITID>2017102754640000000055100000000002</FITID>
<MEMO>E J DA ROCHA ME        PALMAS        BRA</MEMO>
</STMTTRN>
</BANKTRANLIST>

> Another question - do you import ofx files from any other banks, and if
> so, do you see the problem with them, or only with this one credit card?
>

>From the same bank, but checking account - have problems with matching as
well - but not the negative one.

> Jack

Thank you