[OFX Import plugin] is switching transaction type when importing credit card

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Dec 1 23:18:55 UTC 2017

Hello Gilberto,

On 2017.12.01 16:05, Gilberto wrote:
> Since Monday I'm dealing with a problem [1] while importing the
> credit card's ofx file.
> As you can see it is not detecting duplication and all transactions
> are with inverted type (Charge and Payment).
> Anyone has seen this?
>
> Regards,
> Gilberto.
>
> environment:
> OpenSUSE 42.3
> Kmymoney Version 4.8.0-35.3
> KDE Development Platform 4.14.33
>
> [1] https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7ckm8zghd0j1x3/kmymoney-ofx-
> importing-issue.png?dl=0

Before any other details, my personal guess is that your bank made some
change to how they prepare the OFX file.  I would suggest calling them
just in case they know and are willing to say anything, although I
consider that unlikely.  Also, do you know of anything else that
changed recently that might have an effect on this?  (

There have certainly been reports of repeated imports not matching,
although I do not recall any issue of all amounts being negated (the
inversion you see.)

To help, we need some additional information.  Are you using libofx or
aqbanking?  Are you importing a downloaded ofx file, or using direct
connect?  If you import the file a third time, does it match the second
import, or create yet a third copy of each transaction?  Can you
provide one example of the section of the ofx file for just one of the
transactions?  Be sure not to include any sensitive information such as
account number or password, but those should not occur within a
transaction.

Another question - do you import ofx files from any other banks, and if
so, do you see the problem with them, or only with this one credit card?