Can't access Encryption settings

Ryan Novosielski ryan at novosielski.com
Tue May 3 22:14:58 UTC 2016

> On May 3, 2016, at 04:23, Nick Elliott <nick at nick-elliott.net> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I've just done a clean install of Kubuntu 16.04 and now when I go into KMyMoney the encryption options in the configuration screen are ghosted out.
>
> As far as I can tell GPG is correctly installed on my system. On previous occasions after a clean install of the OS I never had to complete additional steps, it just worked.
>
> I was trying this because I can no longer open my encrypted KMyMoney data file. I posted about this in the KDE Forums (see https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=225&t=132709).
>
> Does anyone know if a component or library is missing from my system?
>
> If not I'll have to work out how to decrypt my data file manually using my GPG key.

I think last time I needed to figure something like this out, I ran it from the command line and watched the output to see what it said about missing dependencies. There might be a flag you need to use to make it more verbose.

I upgraded to 16.04 and it still works, FWIW. Decrypting is very easy BTW, just -d if I recall.