working with reports : is there a finer grain possible for accounts selection ?

hugo borrell hugoborrell at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 21:18:26 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm getting trouble trying to make convenient reports for taxes
declarations purposes.

I'm referring to
https://docs.kde.org/stable4/en/extragear-office/kmymoney/details.reports.config.html

It mentions that :

> The following levels of detail are available:
>
>    -
>
>    All: Show every category or account.
>    -
>
>    Top-Level: Show only the highest-level categories or accounts, and *roll
>    up the sums of the subordinates categories or accounts into those values.*
>    -
>
>    Groups: Show only the totals of the income, expenses, assets, or
>    liabilities.
>    -
>
>    Total: Show only the grand totals line.

This is pretty good but... I wish I could choose more specificly which
accounts or categories to show on the report AND roll up the sums of the
subordinates categories or accounts into those values.

This is pretty easy to do for an instant view of the accounts from the
"account list" page

https://docs.kde.org/stable4/en/extragear-office/kmymoney/details.budgets.create.html#idp59913792

The list can be expanded or collapsed to show or hide Subcategories within
> a Category.

The trouble is that this very usefull feature seems to only be available
for the present state of the KMM file, not for a previous state (for ex. :
last year Income and Expenses on the 31th of december).

Is there a way to make this possible ? Or do I have to consider re-building
the whole architecture to comply with the report built-in grain (i.e. top
level / groups) and add manually sub-categories if necessary ?

Thanks a lot for considering this pretty long question.

Hugo