ML dividend reinvestment

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Feb 7 22:30:35 UTC 2016

On 2016.02.05 12:18, Bob Ewart wrote:
> I've been working on a perl program to convert the 3 OFX transactions
> Merrill-Lynch shows for a dividend reinvestment into 2 transactions,
> dividend income and buy shares.  The memo on the buy shows that it is
> a reinvestment.  The money and number of shares match my statement.
> So it seems to be working.
>
> It needs a little more work before I make it available.
>
> I did see that dividend reinvestments are mentioned in the KMM code,
> but wasn't able to figure out what it was expecting in OFX.

> If anyone has dividends reinvested in a broker other than ML and they
> are properly handled by KMM, I would very much like to know.

It will likely be a few weeks, but I'll dig through my copy of the ofx
spec and see if I can actually create a valid reinvest transaction for
import.

By the way - in a Merrill Lynch printed statement, there are three
transactions, and the final one does appear to have all the necessary
information for the reinvestment.  (I've got to confirm that it also
includes the correct type of income (dividend, capital gains, .....)
which is in the memo of the first transaction, but does not seem to
have any effect on the imported transaction.