Change of payee name

Bob Williams linux at karmasailing.uk
Thu Dec 29 11:48:45 UTC 2016

One of my payees has merged with another business, resulting in a new
name. If I change the payee name in KMM, then all the historical
transactions change payee. This is good behaviour, as spelling sometimes
needs to corrected, but see my next question.

Is there a way to create a new payee but somehow link it to an existing
payee, so that new transactions appear with the new name, but earlier
transactions are still associated with the old name?

Bob
--
Bob Williams
   System:  Linux 4.4.36-8-default