How to reset Income/Excpense account dates globally?

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Dec 18 11:45:52 UTC 2016

Hi Peter

On Sunday 11 December 2016 14:28:13 Peter J. Farley III wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I was able to import all my checking account transactions with
> categories into kMyMoney nicely, but all of the Income/Expense
> accounts that I added myself before the import were dated 1/1/2016
> instead of the default date of 1/1/1900.  When I saved my file all the
> transactions dated prior to 1/1/2016 that had one of the categories
> that I added myself were flagged as inconsistent.
>
> I did not realize that the date field in the Add Category screen had
> any significance, which is why I did not change the date field at the
> time I added them.
>
> Is there a way to globally reset all Income/Expense category dates to
> the default date of 1/1/1900?  Or do I have to go to each one I added
> individually to change the dates?  I want to import my other accounts
> as well (Savings, Credit Cards, etc.) and I don’t want the category
> dates affecting them too.

sorry that it took some time to find an answer which starts with a question
from my end: which version of KMyMoney are you using?  The code base contains
the feature you are looking for since May 2015 where all category accounts
opening date is changed to 1900-01-01 during the save operation. I am pretty
sure that this is part of KMyMoney 4.8.0 and later.

So from what you explain, it looks like you are using an older version than
that. Or there is something else which would be strange.

Hope that helps. If an upgrade to 4.8.0 does not help or you already have that
version, please get back to us.

Windows are like... windows. Shiny, fragile, expensive.